Family-based Perfrences

I-130 Petition (Petition for Alien Relative)

  • Immediate Relatives" of a U.S. Citizen
  • Other Close Family Members of a U.S. Citizen
  • Family Members of Permanent Residents
  • Same-Sex Marriage & Immigration


The highly technological era we live in has created several different avenues for people to meet. Nowadays, instead of being introduced to someone through family and friends or by meeting personally, increasing numbers of people branch out online, utilize dating services, and travel abroad to seek partners; or they may find themselves falling in love during business, educational, or leisurely travel abroad. With increased use of email, the Internet, and other web tools, it is now possible for people to form meaningful relationships without ever physically meeting and to more easily maintain a long-distance relationship while apart.”


While in the United States, many aliens wish to bring their alien spouses abroad to the United States to live together. Aliens of both lawful and unlawful status get married in the United States with U.S. citizens, permanent residents, aliens with valid non-immigration status, or aliens out of status. In any case involving marriage, concern may arise surrounding immigration benefits or statuses for those couples who wish to stay together in the United States.

Generally speaking, a U.S. citizen is able to confer immigration benefits to his or her alien spouse where the spouse is already in the U.S. Similarly a U.S. permanent resident may confer immigration benefits to his or her alien spouse. 


  • Adjustment of Status
  • Consular Processing
  • Advance Parole
  • Travel Documents
  • Work Permit
  • Reentry Permit