Other Services

E-1 (Treaty Trader & Treaty Investor)

E-1 and E-2 visas are available to citizens of foreign countries that have a treaty of commerce and navigation, or a bilateral investment treaty providing for nonimmigrant entries, with the United States.  The E-1 (“Treaty Trader”) visa is specifically designed for alien business owners, business managers, and employees who are required to stay in the U.S. for prolonged periods of time to oversee or work for an enterprise that is engaged in trade between the U.S. and the treaty country which qualified the treaty trader for the E-1 designation.  The E-2 (“Treaty Investors”) visa is available to an alien who is a citizen or national of a treaty country and who wishes to enter the U.S. solely to develop and direct the operation of an enterprise in which he or she has invested, or is in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital. Specific criteria must be met to qualify for either visa.

F-1 (Student Visa)

An F-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa issued by a United States Consulate abroad to an alien who plans to come to the United States to pursue full-time studies at a U.S. educational school or institution. Generally, the U.S. Consular Office has total discretion to grant or deny the visa.  Foreign students who wish to obtain an F-1 visa must plan to pursue a full course of study in an approved college, university, seminary, conservatory, academia high school, private elementary school, other academic institution, and/or language training program in the United States.

H-1B (Specialty Worker)

To be eligible for H-1B status, foreign nationals must possess at least a bachelor's degree or its equivalent. In many cases, this requirement can be satisfied by having a three-year degree in addition to three years of relevant post-graduate work experience.

Not necessarily any profession qualifies for an H-1B. As noted, a foreign worker must be in a “specialty” occupation. Generally speaking, qualifying occupations are those requiring highly specialized and technical knowledge in fields including, but not limited to:

  • Accounting
  • Architecture
  • Biotechnology
  • Computing
  • Engineering
  • Education
  • Finance
  • Healthcare and medicine
  • Information technology
  • Law
  • Marketing
  • Mathematics
  • Telecommunications
  • The arts
  • The physical and social sciences

J-1 Waiver& Advisory Opinion

The J-1 Visa or Exchange Visitor Program was first implemented in 1961 as part of the Mutual Educational and Cultural Exchange Act of 1961. The motivation behind this act was to promote the understanding of other cultures by the people of the United States and likewise the understanding of the America culture by people of other countries through educational and cultural exchanges.The U.S. Department of State plays the primary role in administering the J-1 exchange visitor program.

A J-1 Visa is a non-immigrant visa available to aliens that fall under the designation of "Exchange Visitor". J-1 exchange visitors travel to the United States through a Department of State approved sponsor program to teach, study, receive training or demonstrate special skills. To obtain a J-1 Visa, your sponsor must be accredited through the Exchange Visitor Program designated by the U.S. State Department. 

L-1 (Intra-company Transferees)

The L-1 program is best suited to larger companies to bring executives, managers, or employees with specialized knowledge from a foreign branch to their U.S. branches.
In many cases, larger companies have international rotation policies for managerial personnel to assure that all key employees have equal opportunities for career advancement when a coveted position opens up at any location around the world. More than career advancement are the benefits that redound to the company institutionally. Cross-fertilization of ideas among high-level employees and executives enhances their company’s competitiveness and fosters an exchange resulting in innovation, which is essential to the company's reputation and development. A regular rotation of key personnel also improves and ensures uniformity of services and processes within the company at a global level.

O-1 (Outstanding Researchers)

O-1 Status is a non-immigrant status category for aliens of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts (including the television and motion picture industry), education, business, or athletics. This is an employment related status that allows qualified aliens to live and work in the United States. O-1 petitions may only be filed by a U.S. employer, a U.S. agent, or a foreign employer through a U.S. agent on behalf of the beneficiary. The O-1 visa is a dual intent visa, meaning that the beneficiary may simultaneously seek permanent resident status while in the U.S. on O-1 without worrying about preconceived intent issues.

R-1 (Religious Workers)

R1 visas are issued to temporary religious workers with non-immigrant intent. The intending worker must be sponsored by a non-profit religious organization that has been present for a minimum of two years within the United States. The petitioning organization and immigrant must demonstrate that the worker will participate in full-time (a minimum of 35 hours) work at the organization per week. The petitioning organization must provide evidence regarding the compensation for the position, which may include: budgets, evidence of previous compensation for a similar position, or verifiable documentation of room and board (if it will be provided). If the religious worker will support themselves during their time in the US, they must demonstrate a financial ability to do so and that the position is part of an international missionary program. R-1 visas grant the religious worker permission to work for the religious organization in the US for up to 30 months; with a possible 30 month extension. 

Change/ Extension of Non-immigrant Status

A visa is a permit that allows an alien to apply for admission to the US at the border and it bears the form of a stamp on the alien's passport. A valid status means that an alien is authorized by the USCIS to stay in the US for an authorized period of time. When an alien enters the US via a valid non-immigrant visa, he/she is usually given an I-94 card, which states the validity period of the alien's non-immigrant status in the US. Generally, the USCIS officer will attach the I-94 card in the alien's passport.

We are able to file a change of status or extension of status application on behalf of the qualified applicant, who is legally staying in the US. Our experienced attorney(s) will first evaluate your situation and assist you in determining which status you may be able to apply for. If the case is doable, we will be glad to take your case.

Third County Visa

What we can do?

1. making the appointment for you at the U.S. Consulate in Mexico/Canada;
2. answering any questions you may have about the third country visa process;
3. helping you to prepare documents needed;
4. discussing with you on the issues that may be important to your case;
5. preparing with you for your interview;
6. assisting you in obtaining a Mexican Permit (if applicable); and
7. representing you at the interview by talking to the Consular Officer directly on your behalf.

Business Development in China and the U.S.

  • Assist American companies to invest and do business in China.
  • Investigate and invest in the United States especially in business and property. 

International Trade Practice

We help our clients achieve import and trade compliance and defends their interests before government trade agencies and courts. We have a broad range of experience working in international trade matters, including Customs compliance, antidumping, countervailing duties (AD/CVD), customs audits and investigations, penalty proceedings, voluntary disclosures, and matters related to economic sanctions and U.S. export controls compliance.


We provide gestational surrogacy in California and Nevada. 

There are two types of surrogacies— traditional surrogacy and gestational surrogacy. In traditional surrogacy, a surrogate mother is artificially inseminated, either by the intended father or an anonymous donor, and carries the baby to term. The child is thereby genetically related to both the surrogate mother, who provides the egg, and the intended father or anonymous donor. Here at Huang Law Group, we only provide gestational surrogacy. In gestational surrogacy, an egg is removed from the intended mother or an anonymous donor and fertilized with the sperm of the intended father or anonymous donor. The fertilized egg, or embryo, is then transferred to a surrogate who carries the baby to term. The child is thereby genetically related to the woman who donated the egg and the intended father or sperm donor, but not the surrogate, which means the child will has no genetic relationship with the surrogate. For more info about surrogacy, please contact us for more information.